BECOME CHS CERTIFIED TRAINED GARDEN DOCENT
January 30 – March 4, 2019
THIS COURSE IS NOW SOLD OUT
Charleston Horticultural Society’s esteemed Docent Training Course will be offered to eighteen eligible students January 30 – March 4 for newly expanded TEN intensive garden education classes once again led by long-time Docent Course instructor Susan Epstein. Participants will learn about Lowcountry plants, identification and Charleston garden history with a final qualifying test to become a certified CHS Garden Docent. All graduates of this program are given first priority for all garden tour and volunteer opportunities and will receive a certificate and docent lanyard upon course completion.
Course dates: Jan. 30, Feb. 6 , 13, 20 & 27 – 3:00pm – 6:00pm and Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25 & March 4 – 3:00pm – 5:00pm
All classes held at the CHS Education Center at 46 Windermere Blvd. with some offsite garden visits on Wednesdays
- Membership in Charleston Horticultural Society ($50 individual join HERE)
- Completed application (download this file > 2019 docent application (1))
- Course Fee of $235 (includes two additional classes than last year)
- Attendance at each session: Monday 3:00 – 5:00pm and Wed. 3:00 – 6:00pm
- The ability to walk/stand for periods of time
- The ability to speak to a small group
- Volunteer for at least (15) hours at CHS-sponsored events, tours and/or Plantasia for 2019 -20 season
*class is limited to 18 participants and is first come first serve. Payment required at time of reservation. No holds.