BECOME CHS CERTIFIED TRAINED GARDEN DOCENT
THIS YEAR’S COURSE IS NOW SOLD OUT
Charleston Horticultural Society’s esteemed Docent Training Course will be offered to sixteen eligible students the month of February 2018 for eight intensive garden education classes once again led by long-time Docent Course instructor Susan Epstein. Participants will learn about Lowcountry plants, identification and Charleston garden history with a final qualifying test to become a certified CHS Garden Docent.
Course dates: Feb. 5, 12, 19 & 26 2:30pm – 5:00pm // Feb. 7, 14, 21, & 28 2:30pm – 5:30pm
All classes held at the CHS Education Center at 46 Windermere Blvd. with some offsite garden visits
- Membership in Charleston Horticultural Society
- Completed application (download HERE)
- Course Fee of $225
- Attendance at each session: Monday 2:30 – 4:30pm and Wed. 2:30 – 5:30pm Feb. 5– Feb.28th
- The ability to walk/stand for periods of time
- The ability to speak to a small group
- Volunteer for at least (15) hours at CHS-sponsored events, tours and/or Plantasia for 2018 -19 season
*class is limited to 16 participants and is first come first serve. Payment required at time of reservation. No holds.